Gumbywan

Ray Bradbury, Charles Beaumont, William Shatner
Progress: 140/336 pages
Pavane
Keith Roberts

H. P. Lovecraft: Tales (Library of America)

Tales (Library of America #155) - H.P. Lovecraft, Peter Straub If you only wanted to invest in one really good hardcover of Lovecraft and don't require all the stories, this would be a good place to go. Sure we can all argue that this story is not here or that one shouldn't be, but overall this is a first rate single volume of Lovecraft's tales for those that aren't completists.Although Peter Straub chose the stories to include, the texts are all from the definitive Arkham House/Joshi texts. There is a chronolgy, a few footnotes, and all the relevant source notes for the texts. Contents aside, LoA volumes are all high quality: real cloth covers, head and tail bands, end papers, a marker ribbon and of course acid-free paper. LoA volumes I find are a perfect reading size: not too heavy and the books always lay flat without having to use an anvil to hold the book open on the table.