Gumbywan

Ray Bradbury, Charles Beaumont, William Shatner
Progress: 140/336 pages
Pavane
Keith Roberts

Locke & Key Volume 5: Clockworks (Locke & Key (Idw))

Locke & Key, Vol. 5: Clockworks - Gabriel Rodriguez, Joe Hill I wasn't very intrigued by the whole back story thing for an entire book, but once the thing got rolling it really hooked me. The story is really pretty tight and Hill has definitely thought this whole thing through. He isn't just free associating the whole thing. Even though this is almost all back story it does advance the main present day story line and ends up being pretty critical to it.Deserves two reads unless you can really keep track of what each key and artifact is doing and who is using it. There is almost always something going on in the cell graphically that is beyond the words so you need to pay attention to get the full effect. Not hidden, just richer; very cinematic in a way. This is what a good graphic novel should do.The only thing I hate is its going to be forever before Locke & Key: Omega is complete especially since they are going to do a one-off Locke & Key Grindhouse that doesn't have anything to do with the main story line. Like most things, I'll have probably lost interest by then and put them all in a box to sell.