Gumbywan

Progress: 140/336 pages
Pavane
Keith Roberts

Mnemovore

Mnemovore - Hans Rodionoff, Ray Fawkes, Mike Huddleston Kaley's got amnesia, Mike's on the sauce again, and something black and slimy with a lot of tentacles and eyes is coming up the drain at the nursing home. And it wants to feed on your memories. Pretty much everybody is screwed. But Kaley isn't giving up. She has an axe, some caulk, and a roll of duct tape and that's about all you get to battle your worst nightmares.I liked this book a lot. The artwork was great and the parallel story lines really captured my interest. I liked the innovative use of white spaces for the fading in and out of reality/memory. It made it hard to fill in the blanks sometimes, but was overall effective. The open endedness of the story seemed unusual for a graphic novel. And it wasn't about zombies, werewolves, vampires or Lovecraftian horrors, although the monster was pretty tentacley. This is also a beautiful hardcover book well printed on heavier than average stock.