Gumbywan

Pavane
Keith Roberts

No Future

Anger is an Energy: My Life Uncensored - John Lydon

Intelligent without being intellectual and always entertaining. And what about that whine? Lydon via Andrew Perry more or less chronologically recounts his life from a wee lad to the present time. A born raconteur, Lydon relates the saga of his life in the Sex Pistols and beyond and everything in-between. Full of laughs there are also decidedly more serious and tender moments than you would expect and Johnny comes off as a fairly serious person, not one for sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll but he's seen it, just not participated. He's refreshingly self-deprecating while at the same time you can see his actual pride in the things he has done. As you would expect he lives life to the fullest and has no time for fools.

Not as many sneers as you might expect.

All you english teachers stay away from this, Mr. Lydon has his own way of speaking and writing and it ain't textbook correct. It's more like listening to someone verbatim that knows how to speak but doesn't know proper grammar.

Still, blind acceptance is the sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line, like...